1. How many apprentices do I need to register?
You can register as many apprentices as you need. Some companies may choose to hire just one apprentice per year, but other companies may choose to hire a cohort of apprentices per year. The number of apprentices is flexible to your needs.
2. What industries register apprenticeship?
Almost any industry can host a registered apprenticeship. Historically popular industries include
3. What role does the U.S. government play in apprenticeship?
The U.S. Department of Labor’s Bureau of Apprenticeship and Training works with the state agencies to issue Certificates of Completion, encourage new programs through marketing, and assist employers with developing a skilled and talented workforce.
4. How much will an apprenticeship cost?
5. Can I hire workers younger than 18?
If you register your apprenticeship with Apprenticeship NC, you are allowed to hire apprentices under 18. They will be protected. In North Carolina, the minimum wage if set at $7.25 an hour and overtime is based on hours actually worked in a workweek in excess of 40 hours.